What is Stomach Flu?
Stomach flu is known as Viral Gastroenteritis in medical terms. It is a serious health issue that causes a lot of pain, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, Diarrhoea, and fever.
It is an infection in the intestine which mostly happens due to the consumption of infected or poisonous food or fluid. If the symptoms of Stomach Flu get worse, then you should immediately see the Best Gastro Doctor In Ludhiana.
Major symptoms of stomach Flu
- Watery loose stool
- Nausea and vomiting
- Stomach cramps
- Unbearable abdomen pain
- Low fever
These are some key symptoms of Viral Gastroenteritis. If you are also suffering from these symptoms, In that case, you should consult your Doctor, and with that, if you are also suffering from lower abdomen pain, Then you should see a urologist in Ludhiana.
Remedies to treat Stomach flu-
- Drink Plenty of Liquids- The stomach Flu causes Diarrhoea and vomiting, due to which the body starts losing electrolytes such as Sodium, potassium, and chloride and starts dehydrating. In that case, Drinking a lot of fluid can help to maintain electrolyte levels in the body. Drinking a sip of liquid containing electrolytes like ORS at regular intervals would be best.
Here are some important drinks that you can consume during Stomach Flu.
- clear liquids, like boiled or Mineral water
- sports drinks,( without caffeine ) which can help with electrolytes
- ginger and peppermint Tea which can help calm your stomach cramps
Moreover, drinks such as lemon water or fresh juice can also be beneficial for your gut health. Apart from this, you should avoid drinks containing high caffeine, such as coffee, caffeinated tea, chocolate drinks, etc., and avoid alcoholic beverages for the proper cure.
2. Eat Healthy Diet- Diet plays a crucial role during stomach Flu; light food items such as rice, whole wheat bread, and soup are beneficial for your stomach.
During stomach Flu, you should try a BRAT diet, which means bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. These foods are easy to digest and contain complex carbs which provide energy to your body.
On the other hand, you should avoid food items such as dairy because it contains lactose which is very difficult to digits during stomach Flu, and anything fatty or spicy.
3. Take Proper Medication And Rest- if you are suffering from Stomach Flu, Then your first priority is to see a Gastrologist and take the proper dose of medicines prescribed by him. You should tell the Doctor about all your illnesses and medical history for the proper treatment.
The other prime factor in treating stomach Flu is taking complete bed
rest. Because to fight with infection, your body needs more rest and
less activity. Taking rest will help to repair your damaged cell and
boost your immunity.
Therefore, Stomach Flu or Viral Gastroenteritis can be dangerous in some cases, especially in instances where patients already have serious health issues such as CKD, Heart failure, Diabetes, or cancer. In that scenario, you should contact Ludhiana Gastro and Gynae Centre for effective and advanced treatment.