- Portuguese citizens can apply for CANADA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- Portugal was a launch member of the Canada eTA program
- Portuguese citizens enjoy fast entry using the Canada eTA program
OTHER ETA REQUIREMENTS
- Portuguese citizens can apply for eTA online
- Canada eTA is valid for arrival by air only
- Canada eTA is for short tourist, business, transit visits
- You must be over 18 to apply for eTA otherwise require a parent/guardian
CANADA VISA FROM PORTUGAL
Portuguese citizens are required to apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for visits upto 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. eTA Canada Visa from Portugal is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all Portuguese citizens traveling to the country for short stays. Before travelling to Canada, a traveller needs to ensure that the validity of the passport is at least three months past the expected departure date.
The eTA Canada Visa is being implemented in order to improve border security. The Canada eTA program was approved in 2012, and took 4 years to develop. The eTA program was introduced in 2016 to screen travelers arriving from overseas as a response to the global increase in terrorist activities.
HOW CAN I APPLY FOR CANADA VISA FROM PORTUGAL?
The CANADA VISA FOR DUTCH CITIZENS comprises an online application form that can be completed in as little as five (5) minutes. It is necessary for applicants to enter information on their passport page, personal details, their contact details, like email and address, and employment details. Applicant must be in good health and should not have a criminal history.
Canada Visa for Portuguese citizens can be applied online on this website and can receive the Canada Visa Online by Email. The process is extremely simplified for the Portuguese citizens.
After you have paid the fees, the eTA application processing commences. Canada eTA is delivered via email. Canada Visa for Portuguese citizens will be sent via email, after they have completed the online application form with the necessary information and once the online credit card payment has been verified. In very rare circumstance, if additional documentation is required, the the applicant will be contact prior to approval of Canada eTA.
REQUIREMENTS OF CANADA VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
To enter Canada, Portuguese citizens will require a valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Canada eTA.
Applicants will also require a valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Canada eTA. Portuguese citizens are also required to provide a valid email address, to receive the Canada eTA in their inbox. It will be your responsibility to carefully double-check all the data entered so there are no issues with the Canada Electronic Travel Authority (eTA), otherwise you may have to apply for another Canada eTA.Read about full eTA Canada Visa Requirements
HOW LONG CAN PORTUGUESE CITIZEN STAY ON CANADA VISA ONLINE?
Portuguese citizen’s departure date must be within 90 days of arrival.Canada eTA is valid for 5 years. Portuguese citizens can enter multiple times during the five (5) year validity of the Canada eTA.
Frequently Asked Questions about eTA Canada Visa
THINGS TO DO AND PLACES OF INTEREST FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
- Drink Wine in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia
- Cruise the Inside Passage, Vancouver Island
- Sail the Gulf Islands, Vancouver Island
- Discover An Old-World Charm, Old Montreal
- CN Tower, Toronto
- Wondrous Sights at Garibaldi Lake, British Columbia
- Cape Breton – An Unexplored Land, Nova Scotia
- Gape At The Oldest Monoliths, Mingan Monoliths, Quebec
- Explore The Highest Falls, Montmorency Falls, Québec
- Kluane National Park and Reserve, Yukon
- Go Fishing at the Great Slave Lake, Northwest Territories
Portuguese citizens are required to apply for a Canada visa to enter Canada for visits upto 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. eTA Canada Visa from Portugal is not optional, but a mandatory requirement for all Portuguese citizens traveling to the country for short stays. Before travelling to Canada, a traveller needs to ensure that the validity of the passport is at least three months past the expected departure date.