Business owners, small and medium enterprises and entrepreneurs believe in attracting the right kind of people at business meets. This, according to surveys – Convention 2020-The Future of Exhibitions, Meetings and Events, the most popular method of bringing in business remains event networking. Yet, networking, especially peer to peer networking is not the most efficient method to build meaningful business contacts.
According to various numbers, projected by Forbes in 2017, networking at events fails to meet expectations of both buyers and sellers in trade shows and events. The main reason why networking scores much lower than business matchmaking is because most interactions are poorly designed thus making every interaction bereft of any tangible business value.
This is a hard truth. Most impromptu business discussions are beyond the scope of tactile business matchmaking that requires the use of efficient B2B matchmaking software. Event networking often remains an unsuccessful public relations exercise between business people that is mediocre and inefficient thereby not assuring business returns.
This is often a bitter pill to swallow and most buyers and sellers rather overlook this. However, it makes good sense to actually explore the reasons why event networking is less effective in bringing in business.
1. Most of the event networking carried out tends to focus of high attendance rather than on assessing the attendee profiles. Most event organizers forget to build in the homework on their professional attendees and sellers. How can you expect a fruitful networking session to follow if people participating in it are not aware of the credentials of all stakeholders?
2. Most event networking sessions are without any immediate results. Relevant contacts do not like to waste time on silly ice breaking games having to throw cube microphones at each other.
3. Although most attendees may find tasty food and a vast array of drinks very enticing, they might just find the entire casual networking exercise boring scoring zero on any sizeable business returns. Without a clear cut interaction guide, the guests at an event may just about distribute contact cards unnecessarily.
4. Most event networking sessions don’t work their way out of the rut they help create. The way these unfold is quite informal and lacks business vision and results.
5. When the networking event begins at a trade show, people often have no idea about the potential connections they might build at the trade show. Your attendees may find themselves surrounded by people who have little background discussed at the outset of the event. Most event networking sessions engage in zero engagement and have a negative impact on the seller image.
Think about this. How many disgruntled participants will attend your events again? And how many clients will continue working with you if they think you have a casual approach to bringing in business leads?
Are there solutions to this? Well the answer lies in using credible and efficient B2B matchmaking software that makes networking easy and effective.
As an organizer, you are in the green if you are employing B2B matchmaking software. Matchmaking is easy to organize and there are no spreadsheets and stress related to business rendezvous.
And second of all, your attendees love participating in a B2B matchmaking event. Concrete methods are used to create events involving various participants. B2B matchmaking adds genuine value to attendees and buyers. The sellers or SMBs can rest assure of their products and services being sold to genuine buyers.
With Eventdex software, you can create a register of event registrations and help connect with buyers and sellers for one on one group meetings. All registrations are via the website or the Eventdex app downloaded to your mobile device.