The Social Media era has ushered in a new era for content creators especially with YouTube, brands and businesses. Before the likes of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms were introduced in our lives. People had to rely on traditional media such as newspapers and TV programs to reach their audience. Over the years, however, the digital revolution has allowed businesses to interact with their customers, followers and potential buyers at an individual level unlike before.
Therefore, if you operate a business or blog that publishes content about your industry niche or products that your target market would enjoy reading about, then you should take note of what goes by the name of Social Media Marketing. This article will help you understand why you should care about it and how you can maximize the relevance of your content so that people are more likely to read it and share it with their friends.
What Is Social Media Marketing?
Social media platforms are designed with the ultimate purpose of connecting people. These services allow users to share content, links and pictures with each other, interact and connect with brands and other people in the community. This might sound like an exchange of love letters between two people. However, the content shared on these platforms is the new form of advertising that has taken social media to the next level.
Social media marketing is a process by which you generate leads and customers by creating content that your target audience would find interesting and share with their friends. The best part of this process is that you don’t have to pay money to use social media platforms. Your target audience is also free to interact with your content on these platforms.
With this in mind, you now know what social media marketing is. Let’s now understand why you should care about it. But if you really want to buy YouTube comments, subscribers, and likes, it is still okay.
Why Should You Care About Social Media Marketing?
If you log onto your social media accounts and check out the content you are posting and the kind of followers you have, you will notice that the majority of them are under 45 years of age. This is an interesting fact because at the time you are reading this article, half of the population of the world has not been born.
However, people born after 1990 have spent most of their childhood and young adulthood on social media platforms. From the research we have done. It looks like the majority of them have been using social media for the past 10 or more years. This means that the generation of people who have been using social media since their childhood, teens and young adulthood are likely to become your future customers, clients and fans.
Therefore, if you are a business or blog operator operating in the media, entertainment or fashion industry. You should start social media marketing as soon as possible.
AIDA formula for blogging in social media marketing
- Interesting – Answer the questions that your target audience would want to know, but don’t be vague. Be sure to answer the most important questions you can think of.
- Actionable – Your content should be packed with tips and tricks so that people can use them to grow their businesses.
- Authoritative – The best way to make sure your social media marketing is done well. You have to have a high level of authority in your industry.
- Authentic – Make sure your brand is represented in your social media posts. You can never be too authentic to the point that your posts come off as ads. Therefore, your brand should be so strongly represented that people forget that you are actually a brand and not just any random person.
- Relation-worthy – Your content should have a relation with your brand so that you are able to build a strong relationship with your target audience on social media.
- Engaging – Your YouTube content should be interesting enough so that your audience doesn’t get bored while they are waiting for the next post from you.
Tips to write quality blog posts in social media marketing
- Start with a strong topic – The best way to kick-start your social media marketing efforts is by creating a high-quality blog post. This will give you the space to incorporate all the AIDA formula points. So, start with a compelling topic that would be interesting to your target audience. Answer their questions and give them tips and tricks they can use to grow their businesses.
- Be engaging – You can’t expect people to read your blog posts and not share them with their friends or followers. Therefore, ensure that your blog posts are engaging enough to get people to click the share button.
- Include a call to action – We have established that your blog posts are your social media marketing efforts. So, include a call to action at the end of each post. This can be anything from sharing your blog post on social media or downloading a related eBook.
- Optimize for engagement – you won’t be surprised to learn that content that is posted on social media is read only once. However, you want your content to stand out so that more people read it and share it. Social media platforms have made it possible to track the number of times your posts have been clicked. Therefore, optimize your blog posts so that they don’t get buried in the stream of content.
Social media marketing is one of the best ways to reach out to new potential customers, clients and fans. With the help of these marketing channels, you can create engaging content that is fun and creative. You can post your content on websites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+. With the right strategy and content, you can create a following and make a strong impact on your audience. With the rise in popularity of social media marketing. Many brands and businesses have begun using these platforms to market their products.
However, with this surge in activity, it is important to keep in mind that social media campaigns are only effective when they are relevant. By ensuring that your content is interesting, actionable, authoritative, authentic and relation-worthy. You can create engaging social media content. This will drive more traffic to your website and build stronger relationships with your followers.